Do you know an outstanding young lady headed off to college this year? Would you like to recommend a friend or KD Legacy for membership? Here is all the information that you will need to write a reference for a Potential New Member (PNM)!
Members of the Houston Alumnae Chapter (alumnae association) will receive recruitment updates. If you are a KD who is not a member and would like to join the Alumnae Chapter, please click here.
All references for Kappa Delta membership should be submitted online directly to the individual chapters. Please see the bottom of the page for The 5 Easy Steps to Follow for Reference Writing! The link to the electronic reference can be found here. Once you have completed the online reference, you will receive a confirmation email directly from Kappa Delta.
Please note that the Houston Alumnae do not receive any information about your reference when it is submitted online. Please forward your confirmation email to the local Houston Alumnae Reference Board at: email@example.com so that the alumnae are aware of the names and universities of each Houston PNM. We do not receive any communication from KDHQ on submitted references. This will enable us to advocate for local girls during recruitment.
A link to the Legacy Introduction Form is also provided below with specific instructions.
Any questions regarding the online forms should be directed to Kappa Delta National Headquarters at 1-800-586-1897.
A word about electronic references –
As technology has evolved, KD has implemented submitting references electronically directly to the chapters. The KD chapter is then able to immediately receive the reference and utilize the information for their own purposes. Active members create spreadsheets grouping PNMs in categories that best meet their recruitment needs. The actives can also easily create a digital slideshow from submitted photos that can then be viewed on actives’ individual devices during recruitment. This will reduce the paperwork and expense for chapters, alumnae chpaters and PNMs.
This technology comes as a huge adjustment for many of our alumnae. We want to learn to adjust to the new system and still support our local high school girls. Since references will go directly to the chapter, we are asking our alumnae to forward us their confirmation email. We need this information so that we are aware of the Houston girls with references participating in recruitment.
The PNMs are requested to provide you their information in an electronic format to make completing the online reference as easy as possible for you.
The online reference form does not provide space to submit any letters of support. No letters of support are needed and a PNM only needs one reference. This is a change from previous years.
Please be advised that regardless of what you may hear from a college/university or a PNM, the deadline for completing references for the Houston area PNMs is May 1.
Please contact a Reference Board Member if you have a question.
For questions about The University of Texas, please contact:
Kathleen Dawson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kay Martin – email@example.com
Emily McLeod – firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions, please contact:
Carrie Goolsby – email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time and effort to support a young woman interested in the Greek experience that you enjoyed. Your efforts do make a difference!
Listed below are The 5 Easy Steps to Follow for Reference Writing:
- Obtain the information packet from the PNM. This should include a social resume with the grade point average and test scores as well as photos. In order to make the online reference easier, ask the PNM for a digital copy of her resume, transcript and photos for easy uploading. A paper copy of the resume can be very helpful when completing the online reference especially if you have multiple references to write.
- Complete the online Legacy Introduction Form. This is required for all chapters and is submitted directly to the chapter. This form should be completed as soon as the Legacy makes her college choice and should be completed by the Kappa Delta relative if possible. As the reference writer, please confirm that this form has been submitted. Click here, scroll down, and select the school which the PNM will attend.
- Complete the online Reference Form. Please have the PNM’s social resume available when you do this. It is not possible to save and return to the form so it needs to be completed at one time. You will want to upload a resume, transcript and photos of the PMN. It may be helpful scroll down and load the attachments first. Click here, scroll down, and select the school which the PNM will attend.
- Confirmation Email. Upon submission of your reference, you should receive an email confirmation of your reference. You should contact Kappa Delta Headquarters if you do not receive email confirmation.
- Forward the confirmation email. Please forward the reference confirmation received from KDHQ to the Houston KD Alumnae Reference Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that the PNM name AND university are in the subject line.